Premium Daily Crypto NewsletterApril 18, 2018
Watch this video to see how to use this newsletter. Click the square in the lower right to expand the view.
Check Out Doc's Trading Book
Have You Read Our Free Ebook?
Crypto Market Commentary
Markets Climb Higher
Coins Hold Their Ground
In a continued effort to pull us back from the brink, the market made today the 6th day of this move upwards.
In a dramatic series of events, we reported that the New York AG Crypto Exchange Investigation news brought on a renewed round of Bitcoin shorts, which could have also been bets of a sell-off following tax day. However, given the overall positive sentiment in the market we were delighted to see our prediction of another short squeeze occurred, with over 1000 shorts getting stopped out in a single hour earlier today.
This added some fuel to the fire, although it was not as dramatic as last week’s short squeeze. What is extremely promising is that we’re seeing sustained growth in the market both in market cap as well as in volume. This will soon be the longest bull rally this year if we can sustain it until the weekend, which is pretty bleak all things considered.
Looking at the total market cap year to date, it’s extremely evident that the market has lost a lot of volatility we saw at the end of December and in January. While last Thursday’s 50 Billion upside move was certainly impressive, we used to see moves that big on a daily basis when the market was at its peak.
Certainly, with a market this flat, we can expect to see an inevitable breakout. It may still be some time until we see the volatile nature we saw in December, but this is crypto and anything is possible.
In a rather surprising announcement today, Basic Attention Token (BAT) revealed they had partnered with Dow Jones.
“The two companies also aim to collaborate on and experiment with blockchain-based technology in media and advertising. They plan to test a number of innovative solutions in the news and information space, including delivering content via Brave’s blockchain-based digital advertising and services platform [Basic Attention Token].”
Dow Jones aims to use BAT’s blockchain based advertising platform, which is certainly a big win for blockchain based advertising.
This is more substantial and is more meaningful for crypto overall than the Verge announcement yesterday.
Last for today Payfair announced they would be launching their platform at the end of this month. The price has skyrocketed nearly 75% today. Many of you have written in asking for instructions on how to set up a PFR trust node (which requires 10,000 PFR or $800 at today’s prices), a masternode that will guarantee you a portion of all the transactions on the Payfair platform. We’ll be happy to provide those instructions once the platform launches and you can, at last, get paid for having your node!
Talk to you tomorrow.
New to Cryptocurrencies? Check out our archived classes “Intro to Cryptocurrency Trading”, “How to Find Your Next Big Cryptocurrency: Intro to Fundamental Analysis” and Doc’s new one, “Introduction to Technical Analysis” which are now all available for immediate purchase/viewing in the Premium Member’s Home. View more about them at our online store by CLICKING HERE.
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the $59 street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto
Offense – Adding Trades
Offensive Actions for the next trading day:
Defense – Managing Risk
Defensive Actions for the next trading day:
How to read this portfolio: Please click on the Chart Key tab above for definitions and color codes. The colors correspond to our 7 categories in the graphic below.
ReadySetCrypto’s 7 Categories Of CryptoCurrency
Tier 1 coins are those coins which we have considerable assets invested, are firm believers in the project direction and execution, and have very little reason to sell within short to mid term. These are coins which we risk evaluated to be very solid, and have a high probability of existence duration.
NEO ($NEO) is classified as a Dividend and Platform coin. As our largest holding, we believe NEO has the potential to become a dominant smart contract and DApp platform in 2018. It’s four most compelling features are:
- An innovative consensus algorithm which will allow for greater TPS (transactions per second) over its competitors.
- A dividend structure for holders, incentivizing coin retention and network stability / diversity.
- SE Asia location, enabling NEO to break into markets more easily than competitors.
- Agnostic smart contract language, allowing for smart contract developers to use existing mainstream programming languages, which allows for cheaper smart contract implementation as compared to Ethereum who’s proprietary smart contract language, Solidity, can be a barrier to integration.
NEO is best acquired through Binance. Storing NEO on the Binance exchange will result in a GAS distribution once a month on the first. We recommend the NEON wallet for safe storage. GAS will be distributed on the NEON wallet daily.
WaltonChain ($WTC) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. Waltonchain is on the cutting edge of using RFID hardware to enable supply chain management 2.0. We believe Walton has the potential to become a dominant IoT blockchain solution Waltonchain is the only truly decentralized platform combining blockchain with the Internet of Things (IoT) via patent pending RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. The custom RFID chips are able to digitally sign and verify transactions at the integrated circuit level, automatically and instantly reading and writing data to the chain without human intervention. This unique implementation of blockchain + IoT facilitates the true interconnection of all things in the real world with the virtual world, creating a genuine, trustworthy and traceable business ecosystem with complete data sharing and absolute information transparency. Walton has two major competitive advantages:
- A recently confirmed (to be signed) partnership with China Mobile’s IoT Alliance. China Mobile is the largest mobile telecommunications service in the world as well as the world’s largest mobile phone operator by total number of subscribers. Walton’s Management system is set to be implemented through mobile communication networks, and China Mobile is the largest one. Waltonchain is positioning themselves to be the single connector of the entire Internet of Things initiative put forward by the China Mobile IoT Alliance.
- They implement the blockchain through the RFIDs at the foundational layer. Their technology is patent-pending and gives Waltonchain a solid claim as the only blockchain that connects the physical world with the virtual world with truly reliable data. This is because all other IoT solutions tag items through API, and this means all the data is first passed through a centralized intermediate, a potential point of vulnerability.
Ethereum ($ETH) is an open blockchain Platform that lets anyone build and use decentralized applications that run on blockchain technology. Like Bitcoin, no one controls or owns Ethereum – it is an open-source project built by many people around the world. But unlike the Bitcoin protocol, Ethereum was designed to be adaptable and flexible. It is easy to create new applications on the Ethereum platform, and with the Homestead release, it is now safe for anyone to use those applications.
OmiseGO ($OMG) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. OmiseGO is a Southeast Asia-based company creating an e-wallet that will make transfer of assets and currencies possible. Merchants and users of the wallet can transfer whatever asset or currency they desire. For example, you could use your ethereum, bitcoin, international fiat, or even your airline points to buy groceries using the e-wallet app on your mobile phone. Transfers can happen across borders, or even while traveling abroad. Unlike Western Union or PayPal for example, the fees are almost negligible, and the transfer is instant. Because it’s based on a blockchain, there are no intermediary banks necessary and users don’t need bank accounts to access those funds. This is especially good for migrant workers who send money home and often don’t have bank accounts and are forced to use expensive wire services instead.
NAVcoin ($NAV) is a Privacy coin with upcoming Platform features. NAVcoin has been around for 3 years. It is not minable, instead being based on a Proof of Stake system in which stakers earn 5% annual returns. Theoretically this means there could be 5% inflation on the supply, however, that would require every coin holder to stake, so likely there will be very marginal inflation between 1 and 3% year over year. It is a currency originally based off of Bitcoin version 0.13, which should tell you it’s got a good foundation from which to build its feature set. Being based off Bitcoin, it currently is a method of transaction, with notable upgrades in the form of Segwit (with possible lightning network integration in the future) and 30 transaction times with extremely marginal fees. That’s great but a lot of coins have that going for them, so thankfully we’re just getting started with the real interesting pieces of NAV. The first and currently only implemented feature, NavTech is a unique dual blockchain technology. Essentially, NAV runs on these two blockchains in order to completely disconnect the sending wallet (your wallet), to the receiving wallet (where the money is getting sent). Think of it like a VPN, NavTech completely strips the sender’s details so the transaction is completely anonymous. The anonymous transaction space has really gotten big lately, with Monero’s recent price action and Ethereum’s implementation of ZKSnarks being two big examples that come to mind.Moving on to the roadmap, there are two big upcoming features for NAV:
- The first is Polymorph, which is a really cool blend of Nav’s anonymous transactions and Changeally’s instant exchange. What this means is that, for example, I wanted to pay someone in Bitcoin but I wanted to do it anonymously. Polymorph would take my bitcoin, turn it into navcoin in order to be processed and sent anonymously using the Navtech dual blockchain, then turned back into bitcoin at the to be sent to the receiving wallet. This will certainly set NAV apart, as it guarantees anonymous transaction for all of the coins on changeally. This is huge for exposure, and a great opportunity for NAVcoin to gain trust, which is absolutely critical anonymous transaction coins.
- The second big upcoming feature is ADApps, or Anonymized Decentralized Apps. This is also a huge potential win for Nav as there is already a huge amount of interest in the crypto space surrounding Dapps, such as Ethereum and Omni. Adding in the anonymous layer would attract projects that would value the anonymity. Nav is still in the planning stages for this project so it could still be awhile before it comes to fruition, but we should see the whitepaper for it soon, and if they could be first to market with ADapps that could prove to be a killer feature for them as it would give them first access to the interested demographics.
Ripple ($XRP) is a real-time Payment protocol for anything of value. It’s a shared public database, with a built-in distributed currency exchange, that operates as the worlds first universal translator for money. Ripple is currency agnostic and has a foreign exchange component built right into the protocol. Ripple acts as a pathfinding algorithm to find the best route for a dollar to become a euro or airline miles to become Bitcoin. It will look at all the orders in the global order book. The case for XRP comes down to the following: 1) Payment systems work best with bridge assets to focus liquidity. 2) There are good reasons to expect a cryptocurrency to be the most popular bridge asset. 3) There are good reasons to expect that cryptocurrency to be XRP.
- Open, decentralized payments will have lots and lots of assets, including national currencies of all kinds and cryptos. A significant fraction of payments will be among assets that aren’t the most popular. Using intermediary assets to settle those payments concentrates liquidity and reduces spreads.
- National currencies are always tied to jurisdictions and can’t be universal. Systems built around them will never be as open and inclusive as systems that aren’t.
- XRP settles faster than any other major crypto. It higher transaction rates than other major cryptos. It is beat by others only by the amount of liquidity available today. And, most importantly, XRP has a company that is devoted to making sure XRP succeeds for this specific use case.
Simply put, ICON ($ICX) is a massive scale blockchain Platform that allows
- Decentralized Application (DAPPS) – Build DAPPS on ICON Platform like on Ethereum and NEO. Yes, soon, you will see ICOs happening on ICON platform for different DAPPS
- Interchain (Interoperability with Blockchains) – Allows different blockchains connecting to one another through their protocol. ICON is fully compatible with traditional blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and in future can bridge other public blockchains such as Qtum, NEO and many others to achieve their mission statement – “Hyperconnect the world”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Use of AI to ensure all nodes contributing to ICON Republic/platform are rewarded fairly and not to have certain powers over distribution policies. AI will continue to learn a variety of variables to determine optimal distribution policies and achieve complete decentralization.
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX) – ICON will integrate different DEX protocols on their platform to facilitate exchange of ICX and other future ICON platform currencies. Bancor protocol will be their first DEX protocol when mainent launches this month end and Kyber and others will follow. Not just throwing Kyber’s name out there, it was confirmed they are working with each other, official partnership yet to be announced.
Fundamental Currency Research
On June 1st EOS is launching their mainnet. If you own EOS, you need to register it. Follow this guide for instructions.
But what if you’re a US citizen?
Ok, so here’s the deal: EOS is currently on Ethereum’s blockchain. But, EOS wants to be on their own blockchain. Think of them as a cantankerous teenager wanting to move out of their parent’s house, with the parent being Ethereum. The US citizen restriction is there is solely to protect Block.one/EOS team from liability under US securities law, specifically with regard to the ICO. We’re still technically in the ICO period for EOS, so that’s why they’re still enforcing this (silly) rule against US citizens.
After looking into this, I’m genuinely surprised by how much confusion there is around the June 1st snapshot. It’s compounded by pretty eyebrow-raising decisions by Block.one. EOS ERC-20 tokens will become untransferable 48 hours after May 31, 2018. I have read that block.one wanted to work on a fallback solution for unregistered tokens but this is not confirmed to work out as of now.
Regardless, you do need to take action, so great job getting this far!
Here are a couple ways I’m considering for our own EOS tokens (as I’m also a US citizen).
1. Sell your stack of EOS on May 31st, buy them back on June 1st. Generally, I’ve seen mainnet releases lead to dumps in the price (buy the rumor, sell the news), but EOS is certainly unique in its ICO so that might not happen. This is risky from a price perspective but thankfully will lead to you being in the clear and you shouldn’t have to register the coins as you’ll be buying exchange coins.
2. Use the Opera Browser which has a built-in free VPN (https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn). A VPN (virtual private network) hides your location which means you should be able to click the “GET EOS” button. I don’t trust public / free VPNs (I use a paid VPN called PrivateInternetAccess) and given that your private key will be exposed in plaintext form I’d be careful.
3. Use a paid VPN. Make sure you set your location outside the US.
4. It looks like you can register your EOS inside the Exodus wallet: https://support.exodus.io/article/690-how-do-i-register-my-eos-address-inside-exodus . . . I haven’t tried this method but perhaps it doesn’t IP block you from doing it like the EOS website does.
Check out my latest video on 5 lessons from the bear market and how to prepare for the bull market!
In this section we’ll feature a daily ICO or new coin we think you should check out. Based on your country, you may not be able to participate in the ICO, but you will be able to trade the coin once it is listed on an exchange following its ICO (usually only a couple of weeks). ICOs are where a lot of money in crypto is made. Here’s proof. That said, we should warn you: ICOs are highly risky endeavours and you need to mitigate any potential losses. Treat it as money you’ve lost the moment you contribute to the ICO. We are not responsible for the ICO’s performance. Today’s featured ICO / New Coin is:
For flipping Neutral.
For long-term holding Neutral.
What is it?
FLUX — unique global gaming platform that unites all parts of gaming industry ecosystem where players, developers, traders, and the gaming community can transform their time and needs into money using special gaming FLUX COIN. Utility token is needed to purchase gaming items, receive rewards, and participte in competitions and tournaments.
What is our verdict?
What we like: Good marketing and idea.
What we don’t like: Many have tried to marry gaming and blockchain and many have failed.
Technical Analysis Research
Really nice accumulation across the board leading to consolidation flag patterns is the most constructive thing I’ve seen in the crypto markets for months. If we actually start to see most of the top ten work into “stair-stepping” patterns then we might at the very least see a weekly swing higher, which would be trade-able and would be the first step out of the bear.
In today’s video I show how the DOM (depth of market) can come in handy to help determine overhead supply or a weak bid underneath markets. This is about the most “real” indication that you’ll see of actual supply and demand and is not filtered through the lens of a trailing study.
If you missed my earlier webinar, “More Profits in 2018; Ten Ways to Chart Like a Pro.” then you can catch the replay here. My new class “Introduction to Technical Analysis” is now available via our online store.
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the $59 street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto..
With overall crypto markets in a dull corrective market, I’ll continue to focus more on the larger cap coins until they break loose, then it will be a better market for alt-coins. Moves are not sustaining right now.
I am doing the majority of my Technical Analysis work on TradingView and Coinigy, and I have a BitFinex app on both my iPad and Android smartphone. All of these charting platforms call a TradingView API. TradingView is the 800 lb. gorilla in the Crypto charting space until the “established” players want to make a go at Crypto, like Ninjatrader, Tradestation, eSignal, Sierra charts, etc. My sense is that TradingView has such a head start that it will be very difficult for the big boys to make a dent in this space for a while. Until that point, TradingView has almost a monopoly in this space. If you have a particular tool that you think is superior, please let me know. You can access the BitFinex and TradingView platforms for free, however there are some paid features that you might want to consider depending on your needs, such as expanded watchlists, different study sets, account alerts, etc.
Coinigy is a great tool for determining prices on each exchange, however I may not have access to the full suite of tools on TradingView charts. I am currently not using it as a front-end GUI for my exchanges, which it supports.I also use Blockfolio to give me a quick snapshot of my holdings, and find that it does an excellent job to aggregate all of my holdings into one easy-to-read snapshot of my cryptocurrencies, which are typically located in many different places.
I will also be experimenting with the Profit Trailer app which might be useful in this choppy market. I hope to share results and tips/tricks with you in here once I get this bot up and running.