Premium Daily Crypto NewsletterApril 23, 2018
Watch this video to see how to use this newsletter. Click the square in the lower right to expand the view.
Check Out Doc's Trading Book
Have You Read Our Free Ebook?
Crypto Market Commentary
Bull Rally Slows But Doesn’t Stop
Market Makes Push Past 400 Billion
Welcome back to another day in the Wild West of crypto!
The battle lines are clearly drawn at 400 billion, with the market hovering around it for the better part of the past few days.
We played around with the new AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ethereum and Hyperledger templates over the weekend after the announced them last Thursday in a blog post:
“In an attempt to make it easier for their Amazon Web Services (AWS) clients to create blockchain-based solutions, the company introduced ‘AWS Blockchain Templates’. They will enable users to create and to launch their own blockchain networks.”
Think of this like Amazon creating a resume or cover letter template for people to use instead of having to make their own. Now, if someone wanted to create an ICO, this would drastically expedite the process.
Overall, this is good for anyone wanting to create a DApp or test something with Ethereum, but it is setting an increasingly worrisome president that existing technology companies will outgun the blockchain startups the crypto market is comprised of.
For example, Goldman Sachs just hired a securities trading veteran to help the firm develop a digital asset strategy. Despite this, they continue to deny any over-the-counter (OTC) trading desk specifically targeting crypto assets.
This, combined with Barclay’s eyeing a possible trading desk, would open millions of their customers to crypto trading and would certainly be a whole new influx of equity in the space.
Thankfully, however, some companies can’t understand how disruptive this technology is. For example, PayPal is now charging a $5.99 fee on international transfers to a “friend and family member.” As we talked about over the weekend, someone sent $99 Million dollars worth of Litecoin in a transaction and paid $0.40. Personally, Paypal has caused us nothing but issues since we started using them so we will be glad to see them overtaken in the brave new world that crypto is building. We can certainly dream.
Vitalik Buterin, inventor of the Ethereum blockchain, was recently interviewed by Vice News. In the interview, they largely discuss the implications of Ethereum’s larger vision: Decentralized financial systems powering by decentralized applications and decentralized autonomous organizations. The interviewer asks him how he feels that he has the power to destroy legacy systems at a whim with such revolutionary technology being developed with his vision.
He replies, “Destroyer of jobs. Creator of better ones.”
Talk to you tomorrow.
New to Cryptocurrencies? Check out our archived classes “Intro to Cryptocurrency Trading”, “How to Find Your Next Big Cryptocurrency: Intro to Fundamental Analysis” and Doc’s new one, “Introduction to Technical Analysis” which are now all available for immediate purchase/viewing in the Premium Member’s Home. View more about them at our online store by CLICKING HERE.
Missed last week’s webinar on Wallets and Security? You can listen to it in the Member’s Area or here. The new “Security and Wallets” class is now available in our “Store” at the top of this page, use the coupon below for a $10 discount.
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto
Offense – Adding Trades
Offensive Actions for the next trading day:
- Entered SWH position
- Entered ELEC position
- Entered TKY position
- Entered KIN position
- Expand ICX position
- Upgrade ICX Tier 4 to Tier 3
- Expand ELA position
- Upgrade ELA Tier 4 to Tier 3
- Upgrade ZEN Tier 4 to Tier 3
Defense – Managing Risk
Defensive Actions for the next trading day:
How to read this portfolio: Please click on the Chart Key tab above for definitions and color codes. The colors correspond to our 7 categories in the graphic below.
ReadySetCrypto’s 7 Categories Of CryptoCurrency
Tier 1 coins are those coins which we have considerable assets invested, are firm believers in the project direction and execution, and have very little reason to sell within short to mid term. These are coins which we risk evaluated to be very solid, and have a high probability of existence duration.
NEO ($NEO) is classified as a Dividend and Platform coin. As our largest holding, we believe NEO has the potential to become a dominant smart contract and DApp platform in 2018. It’s four most compelling features are:
- An innovative consensus algorithm which will allow for greater TPS (transactions per second) over its competitors.
- A dividend structure for holders, incentivizing coin retention and network stability / diversity.
- SE Asia location, enabling NEO to break into markets more easily than competitors.
- Agnostic smart contract language, allowing for smart contract developers to use existing mainstream programming languages, which allows for cheaper smart contract implementation as compared to Ethereum who’s proprietary smart contract language, Solidity, can be a barrier to integration.
NEO is best acquired through Binance. Storing NEO on the Binance exchange will result in a GAS distribution once a month on the first. We recommend the NEON wallet for safe storage. GAS will be distributed on the NEON wallet daily.
WaltonChain ($WTC) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. Waltonchain is on the cutting edge of using RFID hardware to enable supply chain management 2.0. We believe Walton has the potential to become a dominant IoT blockchain solution Waltonchain is the only truly decentralized platform combining blockchain with the Internet of Things (IoT) via patent pending RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. The custom RFID chips are able to digitally sign and verify transactions at the integrated circuit level, automatically and instantly reading and writing data to the chain without human intervention. This unique implementation of blockchain + IoT facilitates the true interconnection of all things in the real world with the virtual world, creating a genuine, trustworthy and traceable business ecosystem with complete data sharing and absolute information transparency. Walton has two major competitive advantages:
- A recently confirmed (to be signed) partnership with China Mobile’s IoT Alliance. China Mobile is the largest mobile telecommunications service in the world as well as the world’s largest mobile phone operator by total number of subscribers. Walton’s Management system is set to be implemented through mobile communication networks, and China Mobile is the largest one. Waltonchain is positioning themselves to be the single connector of the entire Internet of Things initiative put forward by the China Mobile IoT Alliance.
- They implement the blockchain through the RFIDs at the foundational layer. Their technology is patent-pending and gives Waltonchain a solid claim as the only blockchain that connects the physical world with the virtual world with truly reliable data. This is because all other IoT solutions tag items through API, and this means all the data is first passed through a centralized intermediate, a potential point of vulnerability.
Ethereum ($ETH) is an open blockchain Platform that lets anyone build and use decentralized applications that run on blockchain technology. Like Bitcoin, no one controls or owns Ethereum – it is an open-source project built by many people around the world. But unlike the Bitcoin protocol, Ethereum was designed to be adaptable and flexible. It is easy to create new applications on the Ethereum platform, and with the Homestead release, it is now safe for anyone to use those applications.
OmiseGO ($OMG) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. OmiseGO is a Southeast Asia-based company creating an e-wallet that will make transfer of assets and currencies possible. Merchants and users of the wallet can transfer whatever asset or currency they desire. For example, you could use your ethereum, bitcoin, international fiat, or even your airline points to buy groceries using the e-wallet app on your mobile phone. Transfers can happen across borders, or even while traveling abroad. Unlike Western Union or PayPal for example, the fees are almost negligible, and the transfer is instant. Because it’s based on a blockchain, there are no intermediary banks necessary and users don’t need bank accounts to access those funds. This is especially good for migrant workers who send money home and often don’t have bank accounts and are forced to use expensive wire services instead.
NAVcoin ($NAV) is a Privacy coin with upcoming Platform features. NAVcoin has been around for 3 years. It is not minable, instead being based on a Proof of Stake system in which stakers earn 5% annual returns. Theoretically this means there could be 5% inflation on the supply, however, that would require every coin holder to stake, so likely there will be very marginal inflation between 1 and 3% year over year. It is a currency originally based off of Bitcoin version 0.13, which should tell you it’s got a good foundation from which to build its feature set. Being based off Bitcoin, it currently is a method of transaction, with notable upgrades in the form of Segwit (with possible lightning network integration in the future) and 30 transaction times with extremely marginal fees. That’s great but a lot of coins have that going for them, so thankfully we’re just getting started with the real interesting pieces of NAV. The first and currently only implemented feature, NavTech is a unique dual blockchain technology. Essentially, NAV runs on these two blockchains in order to completely disconnect the sending wallet (your wallet), to the receiving wallet (where the money is getting sent). Think of it like a VPN, NavTech completely strips the sender’s details so the transaction is completely anonymous. The anonymous transaction space has really gotten big lately, with Monero’s recent price action and Ethereum’s implementation of ZKSnarks being two big examples that come to mind.Moving on to the roadmap, there are two big upcoming features for NAV:
- The first is Polymorph, which is a really cool blend of Nav’s anonymous transactions and Changeally’s instant exchange. What this means is that, for example, I wanted to pay someone in Bitcoin but I wanted to do it anonymously. Polymorph would take my bitcoin, turn it into navcoin in order to be processed and sent anonymously using the Navtech dual blockchain, then turned back into bitcoin at the to be sent to the receiving wallet. This will certainly set NAV apart, as it guarantees anonymous transaction for all of the coins on changeally. This is huge for exposure, and a great opportunity for NAVcoin to gain trust, which is absolutely critical anonymous transaction coins.
- The second big upcoming feature is ADApps, or Anonymized Decentralized Apps. This is also a huge potential win for Nav as there is already a huge amount of interest in the crypto space surrounding Dapps, such as Ethereum and Omni. Adding in the anonymous layer would attract projects that would value the anonymity. Nav is still in the planning stages for this project so it could still be awhile before it comes to fruition, but we should see the whitepaper for it soon, and if they could be first to market with ADapps that could prove to be a killer feature for them as it would give them first access to the interested demographics.
Ripple ($XRP) is a real-time Payment protocol for anything of value. It’s a shared public database, with a built-in distributed currency exchange, that operates as the worlds first universal translator for money. Ripple is currency agnostic and has a foreign exchange component built right into the protocol. Ripple acts as a pathfinding algorithm to find the best route for a dollar to become a euro or airline miles to become Bitcoin. It will look at all the orders in the global order book. The case for XRP comes down to the following: 1) Payment systems work best with bridge assets to focus liquidity. 2) There are good reasons to expect a cryptocurrency to be the most popular bridge asset. 3) There are good reasons to expect that cryptocurrency to be XRP.
- Open, decentralized payments will have lots and lots of assets, including national currencies of all kinds and cryptos. A significant fraction of payments will be among assets that aren’t the most popular. Using intermediary assets to settle those payments concentrates liquidity and reduces spreads.
- National currencies are always tied to jurisdictions and can’t be universal. Systems built around them will never be as open and inclusive as systems that aren’t.
- XRP settles faster than any other major crypto. It higher transaction rates than other major cryptos. It is beat by others only by the amount of liquidity available today. And, most importantly, XRP has a company that is devoted to making sure XRP succeeds for this specific use case.
Simply put, ICON ($ICX) is a massive scale blockchain Platform that allows
- Decentralized Application (DAPPS) – Build DAPPS on ICON Platform like on Ethereum and NEO. Yes, soon, you will see ICOs happening on ICON platform for different DAPPS
- Interchain (Interoperability with Blockchains) – Allows different blockchains connecting to one another through their protocol. ICON is fully compatible with traditional blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and in future can bridge other public blockchains such as Qtum, NEO and many others to achieve their mission statement – “Hyperconnect the world”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Use of AI to ensure all nodes contributing to ICON Republic/platform are rewarded fairly and not to have certain powers over distribution policies. AI will continue to learn a variety of variables to determine optimal distribution policies and achieve complete decentralization.
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX) – ICON will integrate different DEX protocols on their platform to facilitate exchange of ICX and other future ICON platform currencies. Bancor protocol will be their first DEX protocol when mainent launches this month end and Kyber and others will follow. Not just throwing Kyber’s name out there, it was confirmed they are working with each other, official partnership yet to be announced.
Fundamental Currency Research
Bitcoin Cash has risen 86% in the past week. The notable growth could be attributed to an announcement of a scheduled May 15 hard fork network upgrade. This will increase the maximum blocksize to 32MB and give us two Bitcoin Cash forks, the new 32MB one and the old 8MB one. We anticipate the old one will not be very active afterwards, but people are clamouring at the possibility of having double their money. We also believe the price movement has been caused by payment processor BitPay’s update announcement today that allows BCH to be accepted on their Checkout app. We’ll see what the price will do in the coming days as we get closer to this hard-fork.
If you missed our webinar on security and wallets check it out here!:
We’ve added several positions:
Electrify is partnered with OMG to work towards integrating their SDK wallet into Electrify marketplace, in addition to utilizing the OMG plasma network for support low cost and fact transactions. Electrify is really well positioned in Singapore and is in the process of expanding their footprint to Japan (already in talks with a major energy player) and Australia.
Kin is a blockchain payment solution from the company behind Kik, one of the largest massaging apps. They’ve announced that they have 5 new partnerships, the first being Unity, the largest mobile game development platform. They recently added a partnership with Blackhawk, who basically own every single gift card. Netflix, Steam, best buy, you name it, totalling 270 major brands. Apps can choose brands and have gift cards in their apps for them at no cost to the developers, and the gift cards are discounted with KIN. Imagine kids earning kin in their unity-based game, and then turning around and spending it in steam.
The Switcheo Network aims to build a decentralized exchange (DEX), that will allow secure trading of NEP-5 tokens as soon as their token sales end. We see the NEP-5 ecosystem as being one the most exciting investment opportunities in crypto, and Switcheo will help make that happen.
THEKEY is a second generation, onchain identity verification solution that uses personal data authenticated by the Chinese government for real world applications. It is also an NEP-5 token.
We also made several expansions and upgrades to tier 4 coins:
ICON has clawed itself back from the grave. While it’s not back to its former glory, we really do think that it’s undervalued for the potential it has.
ZEN is continuing to make waves in the privacy space and we’re very happy with the masternode we acquired for this coin. ELA is yet another NEP-5 token. See more of our thoughts on it in this video: https://youtu.be/rQmo7kvAIJk
In this section we’ll feature a daily ICO or new coin we think you should check out. Based on your country, you may not be able to participate in the ICO, but you will be able to trade the coin once it is listed on an exchange following its ICO (usually only a couple of weeks). ICOs are where a lot of money in crypto is made. Here’s proof. That said, we should warn you: ICOs are highly risky endeavours and you need to mitigate any potential losses. Treat it as money you’ve lost the moment you contribute to the ICO. We are not responsible for the ICO’s performance. Today’s featured ICO / New Coin is:
For flipping Neutral.
For long-term holding Neutral.
What is it?
With more than 4,500 cryptocurrencies in circulation, there are bound to be many that are functionally dead. This presents many challenges for cryptocurrency markets, as well as for the users of those currencies. Those users have their money locked in a network that doesn’t allow them to transact, or a currency that is not tradeable. Cryptocurrency markets on the other hand, suffer from dilution of resources and reputational issues due to the sheer number of unusable coins. CoinJanitor aims to solve these problems by unlocking trapped value in these projects and at the same time create the much-needed public discussion of how best to recycle value from failed projects in the future. CoinJanitor will achieve this by taking over failed projects. To do this we will exchange CoinJanitor tokens (JAN) for the delisted coins that users hold. We will then proceed to burn those tokens and coins that we acquire.
What is our verdict?
What we like: Unique idea and definitely needed in this industry
What we don’t like: Not exactly the most exciting idea, and it’s not clear how profitable this will be.
2018-05-01 – 2018-05-31
Technical Analysis Research
- EOS/BTC – I would like to see if we can get filled on a pullback to .00125 BTC. I will not have a “stop” on the trade as I will use a “fixed risk” position size that allows me to size the position for my max 2% account risk. I will look for a 30% return on the trade if filled.
- WTC/BTC – I’m going to enter WTC long at about .00156 BTC. I will not have a stop due to using a “fixed risk” position. I will also look for a 30% profit on the breakout.
I will track these positions in this area and not in the main portfolio section. Hopefully we can snag a few swings on this move higher before the “range expansion” leads to chop again. If you missed my earlier webinar, “More Profits in 2018; Ten Ways to Chart Like a Pro.” then you can catch the replay here. My new class “Introduction to Technical Analysis” is now available via our online store.
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the $59 street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto..
Coinigy is a great tool for determining prices on each exchange, however I may not have access to the full suite of tools on TradingView charts. I am currently not using it as a front-end GUI for my exchanges, which it supports.I also use Blockfolio to give me a quick snapshot of my holdings, and find that it does an excellent job to aggregate all of my holdings into one easy-to-read snapshot of my cryptocurrencies, which are typically located in many different places.
I will also be experimenting with the Profit Trailer app which might be useful in this choppy market. I hope to share results and tips/tricks with you in here once I get this bot up and running.