Premium Daily Crypto NewsletterAugust 2, 2018
Watch this video to see how to use this newsletter. Click the square in the lower right to expand the view.
Check Out Doc's Trading Book
Have You Read Our Free Ebook?
Crypto Market Commentary
Mav's Daily Commentary
Markets Slump Under 270 Billion
Bitcoin Trades Sideways As It Finds Support At $7500
Today’s market continued a series of bearish days, breaking the 270 Billion barrier to end the day at 267 Billion.
Once again, Bitcoin fared better than most as its 24 hour losses are virtually non-existent. Holding at $7,500 gives traders some confidence.
Bitcoin has dipped into the $7,400 range a few times over the past 24 hours, but has recovered multiple times, likely indicating that this is a strong range for the price of the asset to hold.
Bart Smith, Head of Digital Assets at Susquehanna, brought attention to two key levels for Bitcoin, stating:
“A lot of traders see the $6,800 level is something it needs to break through. We have lower highs and lower lows, and we need to break out of that. You look forward to a new bitcoin ETF coming out, and there is a lot of enthusiasm. The price goes all the way up to $8,400. The ETF gets rejected, and it goes down again. We need to see higher highs and higher lows, so the continuation to breakthrough and hold at $7,500 and bounce higher.”
Meanwhile, CEO and founder of digital currency investment firm BKCM LLC, Brian Kelly, told CNBC that the market appears to have reversed towards the positive. He attributes this to the SEC’s statement that Bitcoin and Ethereum are not considered securities. Furthermore, the hype around a potential SEC-approved Bitcoin ETF has only hit a minor snag with the recent Winklevoss ETF denial. The market is thus experiencing a “minor correction.”
“[Bitcoin has] had a pretty good run from $5,800 up to $8,300, $8,400 or so. […] So while it might seem crazy to the legacy markets and the bitcoin world, this is just a normal correction.”
He went on to state that “there are still two big hurdles we need to cross” in order for the ETF to be approved. The first hurdle would be the establishment of a regulated US cryptocurrency exchange, which Nasdaq has already expressed interest in doing.
The second is the need for an institutional-quality custody solution. Given that big names such as BlockRock Investment and more recently Northern Trust are looking into crypto, this could be sooner than we realize.
He echoed a sentiment that seems to be shared amongst many prominent traders in the space: the Bitcoin ETF will be approved by the end of the year.
On the regulatory front, the openly pro-Bitcoin ETF SEC Commissioner, Hester Peirce, explained her dissent to the SEC’s rejection of the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF last week, saying the decision “undermines investor protection.”
“I think we have an important role to play telling the United States and the world that our capital markets are open to innovation,” said Peirce. “And that’s what sort of drove my dissent last week and what really drove me to come back to the agency as a commissioner. ”
The rejection of the Winklevoss ETF stated that the proposed change was not consistent with the governing statute, namely the Securities Exchange Act — but Peirce disagrees.
“I take the position that actually the change that was put before us was consistent with the Exchange Act so there’s no reason for us to not allow this product to go ahead,” she explained.
She also drew parallels to gold and oil, given that the actual underlying assets are not scrutinized as Bitcoin is.
“It’s not within our purview to go and look at how those [gold, oil] markets are actually working, we should be focused on the market that’s trading the security, which in this case would be the exchange-traded product,” she said.
Seemingly in response to Brian Kelly’s comments, Peirce refrained from speculating on a Bitcoin ETF by the end of 2018.
“We will consider each application based on its own facts and circumstances and we will see what happens,” she added.
“Any regulatory agency has a difficult time dealing with innovation,” she continued. “Innovation is important to investors but also to the economy as a whole which means it affects real people’s lives,” she continued.
It seems likely that we should expect a delay of the CBOE’s VanEck/SolidX proposal sometime this month, which may cause some volatility, but likely has already been priced in given the price action this week.
As a positive note, payments service Square reported over $70 Million in Bitcoin revenues in the first half of 2018. The firm’s revenues from crypto have grown from $34 million in the first quarter to over twice that in Q2, despite the market slowdown. This shows that there is still very much an active interest in using and trading cryptocurrency, which could help attract more money to the space as well as more regulatory approval.
Overall this week was nothing special, but it sets the stage for some potential movement next week as we contemplate some of the big things coming down the pipeline. Always remember to keep the big picture in mind and a longer time frame in perspective. We certainly have many more tough days ahead, but that’s the price to pay for innovation and a return on your investment.
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and certainly everyone will wish they did when we return to a bull market.
If you were not able to join us for the recent webinar “Ten Steps to Building Your Portfolio” webinar, the replay is available here.
We’ve started to produce episodes for The ReadySetCrypto Podcast; all of our episodes are posted on our blog (and on iTunes) and episode seven is now available. Episode Seven is a “tales of the tape” podcast, covering the topic “How Can You Start Over Again?”.. Look for more episodes shortly as we comb the crypto space for valuable interviews, and create valuable content to keep you in the loop!
Interested in helping us improve our newsletter and service offerings? Please let us know your thoughts in this super-short survey.
See you tomorrow!
New to Cryptocurrencies? Check out our archived classes “Intro to Cryptocurrency Trading”, “How to Find Your Next Big Cryptocurrency: Intro to Fundamental Analysis,” Mav’s class on “Security and Wallets” and Doc’s classes, “Introduction to Technical Analysis” and “Short Term Trading Strategies” which are now all available for immediate purchase in our Store, and seconds away from viewing in the Premium Member’s Home. View more about them at our online store by CLICKING HERE.
Didn’t catch our “Building Your Portfolio” Webinar from mid-June? Listen here.
Check out our BLOG for the latest videos, posts, and Podcasts! Click this link and bookmark the page!
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto
Doc's Daily Commentary
Offense – Adding Trades
Offensive Actions for the next trading day:
- None today.
Defense – Managing Risk
Defensive Actions for the next trading day:
How to read this portfolio: Please click on the Chart Key tab above for definitions and color codes. The colors correspond to our 7 categories in the graphic below.
Tier 1 coins are those coins which we have considerable assets invested, are firm believers in the project direction and execution, and have very little reason to sell within short to mid term. These are coins which we risk evaluated to be very solid, and have a high probability of existence duration.
NEO ($NEO) is classified as a Dividend and Platform coin. As our largest holding, we believe NEO has the potential to become a dominant smart contract and DApp platform in 2018. It’s four most compelling features are:
- An innovative consensus algorithm which will allow for greater TPS (transactions per second) over its competitors.
- A dividend structure for holders, incentivizing coin retention and network stability / diversity.
- SE Asia location, enabling NEO to break into markets more easily than competitors.
- Agnostic smart contract language, allowing for smart contract developers to use existing mainstream programming languages, which allows for cheaper smart contract implementation as compared to Ethereum who’s proprietary smart contract language, Solidity, can be a barrier to integration.
NEO is best acquired through Binance. Storing NEO on the Binance exchange will result in a GAS distribution once a month on the first. We recommend the NEON wallet for safe storage. GAS will be distributed on the NEON wallet daily.
WaltonChain ($WTC) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. Waltonchain is on the cutting edge of using RFID hardware to enable supply chain management 2.0. We believe Walton has the potential to become a dominant IoT blockchain solution Waltonchain is the only truly decentralized platform combining blockchain with the Internet of Things (IoT) via patent pending RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. The custom RFID chips are able to digitally sign and verify transactions at the integrated circuit level, automatically and instantly reading and writing data to the chain without human intervention. This unique implementation of blockchain + IoT facilitates the true interconnection of all things in the real world with the virtual world, creating a genuine, trustworthy and traceable business ecosystem with complete data sharing and absolute information transparency. Walton has two major competitive advantages:
- A recently confirmed (to be signed) partnership with China Mobile’s IoT Alliance. China Mobile is the largest mobile telecommunications service in the world as well as the world’s largest mobile phone operator by total number of subscribers. Walton’s Management system is set to be implemented through mobile communication networks, and China Mobile is the largest one. Waltonchain is positioning themselves to be the single connector of the entire Internet of Things initiative put forward by the China Mobile IoT Alliance.
- They implement the blockchain through the RFIDs at the foundational layer. Their technology is patent-pending and gives Waltonchain a solid claim as the only blockchain that connects the physical world with the virtual world with truly reliable data. This is because all other IoT solutions tag items through API, and this means all the data is first passed through a centralized intermediate, a potential point of vulnerability.
Ethereum ($ETH) is an open blockchain Platform that lets anyone build and use decentralized applications that run on blockchain technology. Like Bitcoin, no one controls or owns Ethereum – it is an open-source project built by many people around the world. But unlike the Bitcoin protocol, Ethereum was designed to be adaptable and flexible. It is easy to create new applications on the Ethereum platform, and with the Homestead release, it is now safe for anyone to use those applications.
OmiseGO ($OMG) is classified as a Dividend and Utility coin. OmiseGO is a Southeast Asia-based company creating an e-wallet that will make transfer of assets and currencies possible. Merchants and users of the wallet can transfer whatever asset or currency they desire. For example, you could use your ethereum, bitcoin, international fiat, or even your airline points to buy groceries using the e-wallet app on your mobile phone. Transfers can happen across borders, or even while traveling abroad. Unlike Western Union or PayPal for example, the fees are almost negligible, and the transfer is instant. Because it’s based on a blockchain, there are no intermediary banks necessary and users don’t need bank accounts to access those funds. This is especially good for migrant workers who send money home and often don’t have bank accounts and are forced to use expensive wire services instead.
NAVcoin ($NAV) is a Privacy coin with upcoming Platform features. NAVcoin has been around for 3 years. It is not minable, instead being based on a Proof of Stake system in which stakers earn 5% annual returns. Theoretically this means there could be 5% inflation on the supply, however, that would require every coin holder to stake, so likely there will be very marginal inflation between 1 and 3% year over year. It is a currency originally based off of Bitcoin version 0.13, which should tell you it’s got a good foundation from which to build its feature set. Being based off Bitcoin, it currently is a method of transaction, with notable upgrades in the form of Segwit (with possible lightning network integration in the future) and 30 transaction times with extremely marginal fees. That’s great but a lot of coins have that going for them, so thankfully we’re just getting started with the real interesting pieces of NAV. The first and currently only implemented feature, NavTech is a unique dual blockchain technology. Essentially, NAV runs on these two blockchains in order to completely disconnect the sending wallet (your wallet), to the receiving wallet (where the money is getting sent). Think of it like a VPN, NavTech completely strips the sender’s details so the transaction is completely anonymous. The anonymous transaction space has really gotten big lately, with Monero’s recent price action and Ethereum’s implementation of ZKSnarks being two big examples that come to mind.Moving on to the roadmap, there are two big upcoming features for NAV:
- The first is Polymorph, which is a really cool blend of Nav’s anonymous transactions and Changeally’s instant exchange. What this means is that, for example, I wanted to pay someone in Bitcoin but I wanted to do it anonymously. Polymorph would take my bitcoin, turn it into navcoin in order to be processed and sent anonymously using the Navtech dual blockchain, then turned back into bitcoin at the to be sent to the receiving wallet. This will certainly set NAV apart, as it guarantees anonymous transaction for all of the coins on changeally. This is huge for exposure, and a great opportunity for NAVcoin to gain trust, which is absolutely critical anonymous transaction coins.
- The second big upcoming feature is ADApps, or Anonymized Decentralized Apps. This is also a huge potential win for Nav as there is already a huge amount of interest in the crypto space surrounding Dapps, such as Ethereum and Omni. Adding in the anonymous layer would attract projects that would value the anonymity. Nav is still in the planning stages for this project so it could still be awhile before it comes to fruition, but we should see the whitepaper for it soon, and if they could be first to market with ADapps that could prove to be a killer feature for them as it would give them first access to the interested demographics.
Ripple ($XRP) is a real-time Payment protocol for anything of value. It’s a shared public database, with a built-in distributed currency exchange, that operates as the worlds first universal translator for money. Ripple is currency agnostic and has a foreign exchange component built right into the protocol. Ripple acts as a pathfinding algorithm to find the best route for a dollar to become a euro or airline miles to become Bitcoin. It will look at all the orders in the global order book. The case for XRP comes down to the following: 1) Payment systems work best with bridge assets to focus liquidity. 2) There are good reasons to expect a cryptocurrency to be the most popular bridge asset. 3) There are good reasons to expect that cryptocurrency to be XRP.
- Open, decentralized payments will have lots and lots of assets, including national currencies of all kinds and cryptos. A significant fraction of payments will be among assets that aren’t the most popular. Using intermediary assets to settle those payments concentrates liquidity and reduces spreads.
- National currencies are always tied to jurisdictions and can’t be universal. Systems built around them will never be as open and inclusive as systems that aren’t.
- XRP settles faster than any other major crypto. It higher transaction rates than other major cryptos. It is beat by others only by the amount of liquidity available today. And, most importantly, XRP has a company that is devoted to making sure XRP succeeds for this specific use case.
Simply put, ICON ($ICX) is a massive scale blockchain Platform that allows
- Decentralized Application (DAPPS) – Build DAPPS on ICON Platform like on Ethereum and NEO. Yes, soon, you will see ICOs happening on ICON platform for different DAPPS
- Interchain (Interoperability with Blockchains) – Allows different blockchains connecting to one another through their protocol. ICON is fully compatible with traditional blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and in future can bridge other public blockchains such as Qtum, NEO and many others to achieve their mission statement – “Hyperconnect the world”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Use of AI to ensure all nodes contributing to ICON Republic/platform are rewarded fairly and not to have certain powers over distribution policies. AI will continue to learn a variety of variables to determine optimal distribution policies and achieve complete decentralization.
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX) – ICON will integrate different DEX protocols on their platform to facilitate exchange of ICX and other future ICON platform currencies. Bancor protocol will be their first DEX protocol when mainent launches this month end and Kyber and others will follow. Not just throwing Kyber’s name out there, it was confirmed they are working with each other, official partnership yet to be announced.
Fundamental Currency Research
For flipping Good.
For long-term holding Good.
What is it?
What is our verdict?
What we like: Seems to be gaining good traction as DAG platforms offer a compelling alternative to blockchain.
What we don’t like: There are large DAG projects, such as IOTA and Nano, that already capture a huge lead.
- Project name: Coti
- Token symbol: COTI
- Website: https://coti.io/
- White paper: https://coti.io/en/files/COTI-overview-document.pdf?v=f8a1cb799d0
- Hard cap: $30 million (token sale contributors will own 30% of the total token supply)
- Conversion rate: 1 COTI = $0.1
- Maximum market cap at ICO on a fully diluted basis: $100 million
- Bonus structure: During the public sale, first 25% of tokens: 1 COTI = $0.087, 25-50% of tokens: 1 COTI = $0.091, 50-75% of tokens: 1 COTI = $0.096, 75-100% of tokens: 1 COTI = $0.1
- Private sale / white list: Pre-sale over
- ERC20 token: Yes (the tokens will be migrated to the mainnet after it is launched)
- Countries excluded: USA, China
- Timeline: Token sale begins August 15, 2018 (please refer to Coti’s website for the most up-to-date information)
- Token distribution date: Upon conclusion of token sale
[Token Swap process]
The ERC20 ICX tokens will be swapped to mainnet ICX coins with a 1:1 swap exchange rate (1 ERC20 ICX token = 1 mainnet ICX coin). Please be aware that once the token swap is made, you cannot convert them back to ERC20 ICX tokens.
Token Swap schedule
1. Exchanges: Deposit your ERC20 ICX tokens to the exchange until; – Binance: 2018.6.20 (09:00,UTC+9) (For details, click here) – Upbit: 2018.6.20 (22:00,UTC+9) (For details, click here) – Bithumb: 2018.6.21 (22:00,UTC+9)(For details, click here) 2. ICONex: You can swap your ERC20 ICX tokens to mainnet ICX coins using the token swap feature of ICONex starting from 2018.06.25(13:00,UTC+9) until 2018.09.25(13:00,UTC+9)
* Important notice
1. (As of June 18th) Only Binance, Upbit and Bithumb are the official exchanges that have agreed with ICON for the token swap support. Please beware of other exchanges or third-parties claiming that they support ICX token swap. The list of exchanges will be updated.
2. ERC20 ICX tokens must be received by the exchanges before their deadlines for the token swap to be made.
3. All ICX deposits and withdrawals from the exchanges will be suspended until the token swap process of the exchanges are finished. For details, please refer to the exchange announcements.
Token Swap procedure (Using Exchanges)
- Deposit your ERC20 ICX tokens to the exchange before 1) Binance: June 20th, 2018 (09:00,UTC+9) 2) Upbit: June 20th, 2018 (22:00,UTC+9) 3) Bithumb: June 21st, 2018 (22:00,UTC+9)
- The exchanges will automatically make the token swap process without any additional submission or waiting period.
- All ICX deposits and withdrawals from the exchanges will be suspended until the token swap process of the exchanges are finished.
- To find out more about the exchange schedules, please see the following 1) Binance: Official announcement 2) Upbit: Official announcement 3) Bithumb: Official announcement
Token Swap procedure (Using ICONex: Detailed guide – Click here)
- Create an ICONex ETH wallet and send your ERC20 ICX tokens to the ICONex ETH wallet (Guide to creating your wallet) * Please check you create an ICONex ETH wallet(address starts with “0x”)
- Add ICX custom token to activate the token swap feature.
- Follow the instructions and complete the token swap submission 1) Your ICONex ICX wallet will be created automatically and the same amount of ICX that you have swapped will be distributed to your ICX wallet. 2) You will need a small amount of ETH balance for the token swap.
- Mainnet ICX coins will be distributed once per day(except weekends). (Token swap submission available at all times)
- Token swap submission received before 09:00(UTC+9) will be processed and distributed on the same day at 18:00(UTC+9). Submission received after 09:00(UTC+9) will be processed the next day. (No distribution on weekends or holidays)
* Important notice
1. Mainnet ICX coins will only be available for trade in exchanges that support Mainnet ICX.
2. Mainnet ICX coins that are swapped using ICONex cannot be traded right away in Binance, Upbit and Bithumb as they will suspend ICX deposits during the exchanges’ token swap processing period. (ICONex token swap(25th) feature will be open after the exchange deposit deadline(20th~21st))
3. If you wish to trade your mainnet ICX coins without waiting, please use Binance, Upbit or Bithumb for the token swap.
We’ve expanded our WTC and XRP postions due to the news stories we discussed today. We see both of these as solid long-term plays with excellent horizons ahead.
Please note that you need to register your EOS if you haven’t done so already. There’s several methods, and this website is a good starting point for information: https://eosauthority.com/genesis Probably the easiest method I’ve been pointing people to is using Exodus: https://support.exodus.io/article/690-how-do-i-register-my-eos-address-inside-exodus Hopefully, that should get you started! Alternatively, if you don’t feel like going through this you can just sell right before the mainnet launch and re-buy the new tokens afterwards. … We were recently asked if we’d invest in TRAC or EVE, two supply chain projects that are competing for realtively the same space. Without getting too deep into EVE vs. TRAC today, what you should instead be focused on is which one is best long term. If you can’t adequately make that determination, which is fair given they’re both very new, then there’s no shame in holding both. After all, I guarantee you if you go all-in on one of these projects, and the other takes off, it’s going to hurt a lot more than if you split your holdings and only received a bump in half your portfolio. I’d rather take a 50% shot over a 0% shot any day. When it comes down to it, I think they both have potential and it’s just too early to know which is better long-term. Having two competing projects, it’s wise to invest in both instead of trying to decide which is better. I’d advise anyone the same way if they asked me WTC vs. VEN, or NEO vs. ETH, or ICX vs. ARK, etc. This space is so immature that you’re playing to lose if you go all-in on one project. Diversify is the name of the game. We don’t currently own EVE as we feel the project has received a l9ot of attention recently and we’d like a better buy-in price.
We made a number of acquisitions today in response to a perceived market drop. Zilliqa: The practical byzantine fault tolerance algorithm (PBFT), which is used to establish consensus in blockchain systems, is only one of those potential solutions. Three examples of blockchains that rely on the PBFT for conses are Hyperledger, Stellar, and Ripple. Zilliqa will likely be the first blockchain with live on-chain transaction sharding, which gives them a high, near linearly increasing, throughput: 2488 tx/s in their internal testnet. Additionally, Zilliqa uses the smart contract language “Scilla”, which is similar to Solidity, but safer, e.g. things like the parity hack would’ve been prevented when using Scilla. Is it Ethereum with already implemented sharding? Like Ethereum, it is a blockchain on which you can run smart contracts. However, it is designed in such a way, that it is linearly scalable with the number of nodes of the network. I. e., the more Zilliqa nodes there are, the faster the blockchain gets. With the number of nodes Ethereum has at the moment Zilliqa would be able to process 15 000 tx/s! In the long-run they will focus on blockchain interoperability and privacy as well. The project that can break through VISA’s 24,000 TPS limit will certainly draw a lot of attention inside and outside of the crypto community. Are they near that objective or is it still theoritical? They are near their objective. As mentioned previously they had already 2488 tx/s in their internal testnet. This month the public testnet will be launched. The mainnet is due in Q3 of this year Streamr: From Coindesk: Blockchain data platform Streamr is partnering with Finnish telecom giant Nokia and California software company OSIsoft to allow mobile customers to monetize their user data and make purchases. Chief executive Henri Pihkala announced the partnerships at CoinDesk’s Consensus 2018 conference Wednesday, while also conducting a live launch of its real-time data marketplace, through which users can provide and subscribe to real-time data streams. He said in a statement that “today marks a hugely significant day in Streamr’s history, not only showcasing our platform to the world on-stage at Consensus but announcing two stellar partnerships.” The partnership with Nokia will see Nokia’s Kuha base stations integrate with Streamr’s data marketplace, allowing Nokia customers to both monetize their user data and purchase streams from Internet of Things devices. “We recognize a growing movement of empowered mobile customers who want to control and monetize their own data,” Nokia’s radio system evolution lead Martti Ylikoski, said in a statement, adding, “our partnership with Streamr reflects our firm belief in the platform.” Participants buy and sell real-time data streams through ethereum smart contracts. Buyers and sellers use an ERC-20 token called DATAcoin. The partnership with OSIsoft will see the firm’s enterprise customers gain the ability to earn money for their operations data. Ealier in May, Streamr announced another partnership, with Hewlett Packard Enterprise, to use the Streamr Engine – a data aggregator and analytics tool – to collect data feeds from an Audi Q2″ Bridge Protocol: Bridge interfaces with NEO framework and allows users to manage, protect and utilize sensitive information in new ways. The Protocol offers a new standard for whitelists and allows participation in multiple ICOs. Bridge Certificates build trust so users can transact with confidence. Digital identity is a big part of why NEO will succeed in China, and Bridge or the THEKEY are potentially a big piece of that. Fabric Token: The Fabric Token (FT) ecosystem aims to empower individuals and businesses with easy access to blockchain technology and smart contracts by providing a bundle of user-friendly software. The products within the FT ecosystem will focus primarily on helping people of any background to create and deploy their decentralized application (DApp), without the specialized computer programming knowledge that they would usually need.
We exited our position in ELEC after we hit our stop loss. This was always a risky position as the Power Blockchain space is competitive and has a lot to prove over existing systems. We’ll consider re-entering this position as it continues to fall.
Norway-based registrar organization DNV GL has invested in blockchain startup VeChain. VeChain CEO Sunny Lu told CoinDesk that the companies would continue their partnership. “We are able to provide with VeChain a solution that balances safety and [speed],” Luca Crisciotti, chief executive of DNV, explained, adding: “Our mission is the ability to make sure that product is reaching the shelves, that it’s ultimately reaching the consumer … What we are providing to our customers is commitment.” Meanwhile, ICON also had a large partnership announcement today.
“Unchain will create a blockchain ecosystem fueled by a token economy, where the users are rewarded for their contributions to the network. DApp services discovered through ICON and Unblock, a subsidiary of LINE dedicated to blockchain research and to accelerate DApp projects, will be integrated with Unchain. This joint venture takes blockchain and decentralization another step closer to being a part of our everyday lives.” We found the following video to be a great summary of where we are with Blockchain today:
The Ontology Foundation and the NEO Foundation signed a memorandum of understanding on May 14th, 2018, concerning strategy and technology integration:
Whereas: Ontology is a distributed trust network that focuses on digital identity, data exchange and other trust collaboration scenarios. NEO is dedicated to realizing a distributed network that serves the smart economy. Both Ontology and NEO share a common technical understanding and vision, and both wish to promote blockchain technology and its applications.
Purpose: Ontology and NEO together provide compliance-ready, regulatable protocols to global developers. These protocols are supported by NeoVM with exceptional finality and a smart contract system with a robust and stable infrastructure-level network.
As such, the Ontology Foundation and the NEO Foundation have agreed to cooperate as follows:
Key Cooperation Areas
1. Ontology will provide digital identity, data exchange services and other customized services. NEO brings a mature and complete smart contract platform as well as distributed network infrastructure services to the table.
2. Smart Contracts: Ontology and NEO will work together to build a smart contract ecosystem, fully support the development and adoption of NeoVM and NeoContract, and collaborate on developing smart contract open standards.
3. Data Integration: Both parties will provide standardized technology interfaces (APIs, SDKs, etc.), and share and communicate development achievements and research results.
4. Cross-chain: Both parties will push forward with cross-chain research, with the eventual goal of producing integrable mainnets.
… We see this as an extremely promising step forward for both projects, and for the larger NEP5 ecosystem. The system of cooperation is one way this space moves forward, and we see NEO’s smart economy as a big part of that.
Technical Analysis Research
In today’s video I responded to a couple of reader questions about how to find coins that are moving in any market, as well as how to increase the filtering on the screener to pick up less noise.
I will be diving much deeper into the various derivatives that will enable much more fluid and nimble trading to those of you with an interest to do so. Buy and hold might be drudgery for the next several months but can still be effective longer-term if we do a good job of DCA.
Please help us refine our service offerings by letting us know your thoughts in this super-short survey. Thanks! Here are the recent swings that we’re tracking in the portfolio below; :
- DGB/BTC – long @ .00000608 (7/23). My target exit is .000008BTC.
- WTC/BTC – Long @ .00155980BTC (4/23). My target exit is at .002BTC.
- ADA/BTC – Long @ .00003931BTC (5/1) My target exit is at .00005BTC.
- ONT/BTC – long @ .0008905 (5/20) My target is .0013BTC.
Please keep in mind that if you want to follow these trades, I am using FIXED RISK POSITION SIZING. This means that I am using a fixed amount of risk capital that is based on my account size, like 2%. I am assuming that the trade will burn to the ground and that I will lose that entire capital position! Only in this manner can one effectively manage a position the way that you have to. If you’ve every checked your blockfolio nervously every 5 minutes when you’re underwater, this will prevent that. I will track these positions in this area and not in the main portfolio section. I will use a public portfolio tool to do so, which you can access by clicking below:
I hope you all got a chance to catch my webinar class from earlier this year; if not, the replay is available here. If you missed my earlier webinar, “More Profits in 2018; Ten Ways to Chart Like a Pro.” then you can catch the replay here. My new class “Introduction to Technical Analysis” is now available via our online store.
If you go to buy any of our courses at our online “store” you can receive $10 off the street price with your member’s “coupon code” of member18crypto..
We’ve started to do some swing trades on alts, tracked in the previous section. I am mostly focusing on the top 10-20 coins for now until we confirm that we’re back into an overall bull market.
I am doing the majority of my Technical Analysis work on TradingView, and I have a BitFinex app on both my iPad and Android smartphone. All of these charting platforms call a TradingView API. TradingView is the 800 lb. gorilla in the Crypto charting space until the “established” players want to make a go at Crypto, like Ninjatrader, Tradestation, eSignal, Sierra charts, etc. My sense is that TradingView has such a head start that it will be very difficult for the big boys to make a dent in this space for a while. Until that point, TradingView has almost a monopoly in this space. If you have a particular tool that you think is superior, please let me know. You can access the BitFinex and TradingView platforms for free, however there are some paid features that you might want to consider depending on your needs, such as expanded watchlists, different study sets, account alerts, etc.
Coinigy is a great tool for determining prices on each exchange, however I may not have access to the full suite of tools on TradingView charts. I am currently not using it as a front-end GUI for my exchanges, which it supports.I also use Blockfolio and/or Delta to give me a quick snapshot of my holdings, and find that it does an excellent job to aggregate all of my holdings into one easy-to-read snapshot of my cryptocurrencies, which are typically located in many different places.
I am also trialing the Profit Trailer and CryptoHopper trading apps which are working well in this choppy market.